User Accounts, Passwords and Security
If you choose to use the site's news section to add news items, or to comment on other news items, you will receive a user identity ("User ID") and password for use of this service from Healthy Christchurch. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or User ID. You agree to immediately notify Healthy Christchurch of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
You understand that all information, data, text, graphics, messages or other materials ("Content"), posted as news items on the site are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated.
This means that you are entirely responsible for all Content that you post or upload to the news section of the web site.
Healthy Christchurch and CDHB does not control all Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content.
Under no circumstances will Healthy Christchurch or CDHB be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted or uploaded to the site.
You agree to not use the site to:
- if an employee or officer of a Healthy Christchurch signatory organisation, post a personal opinion without first obtaining the approval of your employer or organisation;
- post or upload any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or vilifying;
- impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- post or upload any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- post or upload any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- post or upload any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising of good or services for sale, except in those news sections (a subset of the web site) which may be designated for such a purpose;
- post or upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the web site, or servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable national or international law.
- "stalk" or otherwise harass other users; or collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that Healthy Christchurch and CDHB shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is posted to the site. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any site Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the web site, including your Content, may involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Termination of User Access
Disclaimer of Warranty
You understand and agree that:
- Your use of the Healthy Christchurch web site is at your sole risk. The site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Healthy Christchurch and CDHB expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement;
- Healthy Christchurch and CDHB makes no warranty that:
- the Healthy Christchurch web site will meet your requirements;
- the Healthy Christchurch web site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the Healthy Christchurch web site will be accurate or reliable;
- any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that Healthy Christchurch and CDHB shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, resulting from:
- the use or the inability to use the site;
- unauthorised access to or alteration of your Healthy Christchurch news postings or uploads;
- any other matter relating to the Healthy Christchurch web site.